What a week! This was the final week in another month of training, and I’m headed into week 29 a little tired and sore. I tackled my first 80-miler, which is the longest I’ve ever gone, and I will continue to build from that. No stopping now! Only 5 months until IMWI. Looking forward, I’m still unable to swim in a pool with everything shutdown, but I’m hopeful that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. We’ll see. Keep your fingers crossed for me. And you. And everyone. It’s a crazy world right now, but it is helpful for me mentally to keep focusing on the things I can control, and my training is one of those things. This week is full of time trials. I don’t know if my body feels like it’s ready for that, but I need to push that doubt out of my mind and get after it. I’ve been working in more yoga, more core, and more recovery (foam roller, stretching, light walks) and I do think that’s helpful. So for now, we’ll keep on keeping on.
Here’s what week 29 has in store:
- Monday :: REST / yoga
- Tuesday :: TT Swim SUBSTITUTE ::
- Wednesday :: TT Bike :: 80 km + strength training
- Thursday :: Recovery Run :: 10km
- Friday :: O.W. Swim SUBSTITUTE ::
- Saturday :: Race Pace Bike :: 40km :: 2x10km efforts @ R.P.
- Sunday :: TT Pace Run :: 18km
TT = time trial
*PE = personal effort (scale 1-10)
**R.P. = race pace
Bike Total :: 107 miles
Run Total :: 15 miles
- Monday :: REST / yoga :: A simple, active recovery with light weights and a small amount of cardio today. Feeling good, and like I needed to move.
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim SUBSTITUTE :: 20 minutes of core + flexibility drills + 40 minutes strength yoga.
- Wednesday :: Interval Bike :: 80 min w/ climbs + strength training :: I think I forgot about strength training today, but I felt awesome on the bike today. It may have been my best indoor interval feel-wise. I’ll take that 🙂
- Thursday :: Interval Run :: 12km :: 10x1km @ PE 8-9 :: Maybe how good I felt yesterday just couldn’t last…. This interval run kicked my butt. I ended up cutting things short today and getting some extra yoga in. I’ve been getting hip pain and I just didn’t feel like intervals were helping today. Feeling blah after that.
- Friday :: Aerobic Swim SUBSTITUTE :: A little bit of HIIT and a good about of strength today as a sub for the pool. I can’t wait to swim again. It’s so tough to be out of the water for so long!
- Saturday :: Aerobic Bike + Run :: 120-130km bike + 5km run. :: This was my longest bike ride to date and I felt surprisingly good! Happy after today’s workout 🙂 I even typed up a recap!
- Sunday :: Race Pace Run :: 16km :: 3x3km @ R.P. :: I think I need to slow down on my pace when I am not doing my RP sections. I was actually on my target race pace for the entirety and 25 sec faster on the RP portion. While this makes me feel awesome now, I think it isn’t helping me in the long run (literally). I’ll work on pacing this next week.
Get fired up! What is your goal for the week?