SEVENTEEN WEEKS UNTIL IRONMAN WISCONSIN. Holy macaroni. I feel like the weeks are flying by. The good part of this is that the progress seems to really be moving, too. The scary news is that I can’t fathom being ready to finish the Ironman in such a short time! I have to talk myself down, because I realized this past week that I almost completely the half Ironman distance on Saturday for my brick workout, and felt strong after. That is progress, no doubt?! Still, this is big. But they say if your dreams don’t scare you, you’re doing it wrong. Or something like that.
Here’s the plan for Week 32:
- Monday :: REST / yoga
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim SUBSTITUTE ::
- Wednesday :: Interval Bike :: 80 min w/ climbs + strength training
- Thursday :: Interval Run :: 10km :: 8x1km @ PE 8-9
- Friday :: Open Water Swim SUBSTITUTE ::
- Saturday :: Aerobic Bike :: 150km bike.
- Sunday :: Race Pace Run :: 16km run @ PE 8, including 3 x 3km RP efforts.
Last week’s recap:
- Monday :: REST / yoga :: a little more rest than yoga this week, although I did a short recovery yoga session. Really focusing on nutrition on my recovery days.
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim SUBSTITUTE :: 40 minute power yoga routine focusing on shoulder strength and mobility + 15 minute HIIT workout. I MISS SWIMMING!!!!!!
- Wednesday :: Interval Bike :: 80 min w/ climbs + strength training :: I rode a bit longer than 80 minutes (2 x 75 minutes), because I was trying out a new work commute. Definitely got some climbs in though and I felt pretty good overall.
- Thursday :: Interval Run :: 10km :: 8x1km @ PE 8-9 :: Intervals felt great today (such a relief after last weeks no-go). The recovery time between intervals decreased from 75s to 60s, and I was really pleased with how strong I felt. Hopefully this continues through to next week!
- Friday :: Aerobic Swim SUBSTITUTE :: Working on shoulder flexibility and mobility as my primary focus, mixing in a bit of yoga and strength. Pull up challenge update: only at 3. Goal is still 5 for the month of May.
- Saturday :: Aerobic Run :: 18km run :: Switched to Sunday due to the weather. I slowed the pace to the bottom of my target range, so I still ran at my target pace, but it felt more relaxed, which was honestly nice. Relatively hilly training run, which I need all the hills I can find if IMWI stories are true 🙂
- Sunday :: Brick :: 100km :: 90km bike @ PE 7-8 + 10km run @ PE 8 :: Switched to Saturday due to weather. I had my best ride of the year so far, and kept pace during my run so I’m happy with that! There’s one wicked hill on the route I took, and I beat my time by over a minute today! Woohoo! I love Strava for this reason; the segments can really help me see my progress!
Total weekly miles | Run: 23.6mi | Cycle: 94mi
Get fired up! What are your goals for the week?