The days keep ticking away. I am ready for a new week this week. I am ready for a little bit of a restart. My longest run of the training session, at 17.5 miles, was yesterday, and on the one hand, I feel pretty good, like I had some more miles in me; On the other hand, I am looking to weave some recovery into this week.
The foam roller, the yoga mat, and the couch have become some of my best friends lately if I’m being honest. During training nutrition has become honed down pretty well, but I am feeling like I’m letting my outside of training nutrition lag a little. Oh my stars do I crave veggies! One goal for this week is to make sure I’m fueling as intentionally in the hours outside of my training as I am the hours during training.
Training-wise, here’s what I’m looking at this week:
Looking ahead to week 38 (of 48), here’s what’s in store:
- Monday :: REST / yoga
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim :: 3200m
- Wednesday :: Strength work + Interval Run :: 10km
- Thursday :: Open Water Swim :: 2400m :: 5 x 300m hard swims
- Friday :: Recovery Bike :: 60min + 1 mile easy run
- Saturday :: 2000m Open Water Swim @ RP + 4km recovery run
- Sunday :: Brick :: 90km bike + 14km Run
Last week’s recap:
- Monday :: REST / yoga :: Loving my rest days! Light yoga, a lot of stretching, and a lot of foam rolling (my BFF)
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim :: 3000m :: I was so proud of today! My longest swim to date. I’ll be honest, my intervals aren’t very interval-y. I’m more focused on making sure I’m able to handle the distance because I had to take so much swim time off due to COVID. This may be something I look at over the next week or so, but for now, I’m happy to just be doing the distance, especially because I’m not an overly fast swimmer to begin with.
- Wednesday :: Interval Bike :: 80min + 1 mile easy run :: Good stuff today, although I don’t know how beneficial the trainer is lately. I’m starting to question that because it is just so much different on the road. I’ve been working in videos to see if that helps, but the post run felt good. I’ll continue that moving forward.
- Thursday :: Open Water Swim :: 2800m :: 3 x 600m hard swims :: Again, no real intervals, but completing 2800m feels great. The water was nice and calm today, too, so I felt fast 🙂
- Friday :: Strength work + Race Pace Run :: 8km :: I’m being mindful of the strength training, because I think I let it slip a bit over the past few weeks. Getting back at it. My run felt great today, too!
- Saturday :: Race Pace Bike :: 60km :: I don’t know what the deal was today. Pace was off. I felt sluggish. I felt pain in my knee. I felt mentally weak. I have been struggling with some outlying mental issues (which I may or may not dig into on a later post), but long story short, I was proud of myself for getting on the bike today, but that’s all I had in me. I did not go the full 60km.
- Sunday :: Aerobic Run :: 28km :: Running is still my escape, and I loved having it today. I didn’t hit my race pace goal, but I felt like I could continue running when I finished the 17.5 miles, so I think that’s progress? Not sure, but I’ll take it today.
Total weekly miles | Run: 24mi | Cycle: 34mi | Swim: 5800m
Get fired up! What are your goals and plans for the week? Drop them in the comments below!