Sometimes there are quiet moments as you prepare yourself to get closer to a goal, and you don’t notice the steps as much. And sometimes, you have moments that seem to be louder, that really stand out as you find yourself in them. This week was one of those moments. One of those, “Wow!” moments when I finally conquered 112 miles on the bike! I feel awesome. Tired. But awesome! This week is ramping up to a half-Iron distance triathlon on Sunday, so I am working on route planning since I will be doing it completely self-supported (I initially wanted to race in Door County’s Half Iron, but COVID). I still am focusing on getting in my weight training, so that I can keep strength up.
Looking forward to week 40 (of 48!):
- Monday :: REST / yoga
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim :: 1800m
- Wednesday :: Strength work + Recovery Bike :: 60 min + 2 mile easy run
- Thursday :: Open Water Swim :: 1500m
- Friday :: REST / yoga
- Saturday :: Race Pace Run :: 6km
- Sunday :: Half-Ironman Distance Triathlon :: 1900m Swim + 90km Bike + 21km Run
Last week’s recap:
- Monday :: REST / yoga :: I found this video by Sydney Cummings which I really like for an additional stretching routine.
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim :: 3000m :: Again, I’m really not doing intervals, just focusing on doing the full distance. I’m not a fast swimmer anyway, so I feel like it is just as helpful since I missed all those swim sessions during quarantine.
- Wednesday :: Strength work + Interval Bike :: 60 min + 1 mile easy run :: My knee has been bugging me coming off of intervals indoor. I was happy that my 1 mile run wasn’t too bad, so hopefully that is starting to calm down a bit. Strength today was all body weight super sets focusing on major muscles.
- Thursday :: Open Water Swim :: 3000m :: Great swim today! The water was nice and calm and I felt good in the water. My partner paddleboarded next to me and continuously splashed me to get a little bit of a race feel 🙂
- Friday :: Interval Run :: 7km :: The heat and humidity were killer today, but the run still went well. I think I have fallen back in love with running, and it’s an awesome feeling.
- Saturday :: Aerobic Bike :: 180km :: My longest ride ever! 112 miles took right at 7.5 hours. I was super thankful that the weather broke some, and topped out around 80 degrees, so not as bad as the rest of the week. I was really pleased with how I felt. Nutrition went well, although I need to figure out how to have more hydration on my bike for that distance. It was a beautiful ride!
- Sunday :: Recovery Run :: 8-10km :: Tough recovery day after that bike yesterday, but I’m happy to wrap up this week!
Total weekly miles | Run: 11mi | Cycle: 128mi | Swim: 6000m
Get fired up! What are your goals and plans for the week? Drop them in the comments below!