THREE MORE WEEKS. I can’t believe that I’m even typing that! Three weeks until Sept. 13, which has been circled on my calendar for almost two years as the day that I will become an Ironman!!! This week’s priority outside of regular training is planning my race route, because I will do this as a self-supported event following the cancellation of IMWI this year. I do have some amazing people that are willing to help support, so I want to be able to get details out this week to them, too.
I am nervous. I am feeling a lot of emotions this week that I haven’t really felt yet. Most of that is because I am in some lasting pain still from my crash. My hip and my foot have been giving me trouble. Methinks my hip is still feeling it, and maybe I’ve been compensating and putting extra pressure on my foot. So I may be adjusting the following plan as my body needs. I want to continue to be smart and listen to my body. That is always top priority. I’m also nervous, though, because this we are nearing the end of this long but amazing journey. To those of you on the journey with me, thank you.
With that said, here’s what things look like for now this week:
- Monday ::
REST / yogaMakeup brick session from last week (see below)
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim :: 2800m
- Wednesday:: Interval Bike :: 90min w/aero intervals (15 min)
- Thursday:: Open Water Swim :: 3800m
- Friday:: Race Pace Run :: 12km
- Saturday :: Open Water Swim :: 3000m @ R.P. + 100km Bike @ R.P.
- Sunday :: Aerobic Run :: 24km
Last week’s recap:
- Monday :: REST / yoga :: This rest day was exceptionally necessary! It’s been a struggle of a week, so Monday’s are like gold right now 🙂
- Tuesday :: Interval Bike :: 90min :: This was really my first bike session since my crash, and I wouldn’t say it went awesome, but it went. Still really sore, but I felt good (other than steep hills). I modified my route and made it work. No real “intervals” though, just distance.
- Wednesday:: Interval Swim :: 3200m ::
- Thursday :: rest day :: Thankful for this extra rest day this week!
- Friday :: Recovery Bike :: 30-45 km :: Felt pretty good today, and was happy to get out and enjoy the ride. I feel like I’m getting slower (?) though, because pace is hard to keep lately. Not sure what’s going on with that, but today was a recovery ride so I don’t have to worry about pace!
- Saturday :: Open Water Swim :: 3000m @ R.P. + 5km Run @ R.P. :: All in all, today was great! The water cooled off enough that I actually wore a wetsuit, but felt the best in the water and also on the run that I have since my crash. Super thankful for that!
- Sunday :: REST / yoga
ThursdayMonday :: Brick :: 140km Bike + 20km Run :: We ended up having an appointment at noon for our house, so I had to shorten things today, but that was probably for the best. Exploding race fuels, dropped sunglasses, dragging brakes, and 84 degrees with 75% humidity, and searing pain in my hip during my run all made me very happy to cut things a little bit short today.
Total weekly miles | Run: 13mi | Cycle: 90mi | Swim: 6200m
Get fired up! What are your goals and plans for the week? Drop them in the comments below!