TWO MORE WEEKS. The countdown is real. I am super grateful that I am starting to have a little bit of pain relief – I even ran 15 this weekend, and felt, not terrible. So that’s definitely progress. I’m a little nervous with how much I’ve shortened my training sessions over the past few weeks, but I feel like it has been necessary, so I’m trusting my body. So much of my time is currently planning. Planning my course, details of the day, and all the “things.” I may post a big writeup of how I’m creating my own self-supported race. Let me know in the comments if this is something you’ve been considering doing, too, and/or if you’d be interested in reading! I’m glad that my brain has those details to ponder over right now though. In a weird way, I think it’s helping.
Soooooo, here’s what things are looking like this week:
- Monday :: REST / yoga
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim :: 2800m
- Wednesday:: Interval Bike :: 60min w/aero intervals (15 min)
- Thursday:: Recovery Run :: 8-10km
- Friday:: REST / yoga
- Saturday :: Open Water Swim :: 3500m @ R.P. + 5km run @ R.P.
- Sunday :: Brick :: 68km
Last week’s recap:
- Monday ::
REST / yogaMakeup brick session from last week (see below) :: Brick :: 140km Bike + 20km Run :: We ended up having an appointment at noon for our house, so I had to shorten things today, but that was probably for the best. Exploding race fuels, dropped sunglasses, dragging brakes, and 84 degrees with 75% humidity, and searing pain in my hip during my run all made me very happy to cut things a little bit short today.
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim :: 2800m :: Still only got 1500m of swimming in before pain, pain, pain. Getting longer, but still discouraging. I’ll try again Thursday.
- Wednesday:: Interval Bike :: 90min w/aero intervals (15 min) :: Feeling great on the bike! Intervals went well. I do feel like my pace has taken a hit, but as long as I feel strong, I’ll take that 🙂
- Thursday:: Open Water Swim :: 3800m :: Decided to take a mental health day and go play in the big waves. Swam about 500m in tough open water, and just played around and had fun. It was AMAZING, and what a good reminder to just enjoy the days in the midst of everything!
- Friday:: Race Pace Run :: 12km :: I’m encouraged that solo run days are feeling good again. I kept pace, and felt great. Happy with today.
- Saturday :: Open Water Swim :: 3000m @ R.P. + 100km Bike @ R.P. :: Another DNF. Well, DNS actually. In the spirit of trusting my body, I felt that I needed one more day. So I took it. Slept in. Stretched. But did not “train.” Ugh.
- Sunday :: Aerobic Run :: 24km :: Pain was mild, weather was amazing, and I was a happy camper! I even had some great post-race support in the form of puppy kisses 🙂
Total weekly miles | Run: 35mi | Cycle: 80mi | Swim: 2000m
Get fired up! What are your goals and plans for the week? Drop them in the comments below!