It’s here, y’all. Some days, I feel like I’ve been training for so long. Some days, like today, I feel like I’ve blinked and it’s “race” week. I am in a whirlwind of emotions, and that is saying something, because I am not a very emotional person. Aside from sleep training, my big focus this week outside of my regularly scheduled training is nailing down a lot of details. Being my own race planner comes with so many more ducks that need to be put in their row, but it’s keeping my mind occupied. And that is a very good thing right now 🙂 Soooooo, here’s where we are on the training calendar this week, for my final week of this training series:
- Monday :: REST / yoga
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim :: 2000m
- Wednesday:: Race Pace Run :: 10km
- Thursday:: REST / yoga
- Friday:: Recovery Bike :: 30-45km on race course
- Saturday :: 1000m Open Water Swim on course + 5km run on course
- Sunday :: IRONMAN :: 3800m swim + 180km bike + 42.2km run
Last week’s recap:
- Monday :: REST / yoga :: Today was huge in that it marked the first day that I could really stretch without a ton of post-crash pain. This was such a relief!!!
- Tuesday :: Interval Swim :: 2800m :: Feeling relatively good in the water today. I have totally given up my time goal in the swim section, and really haven’t done a ton of intervals in the water. With so much swim time gone due to COVID, the distance is the most important thing in my eyes right now. I did get a little bit of interval training in today, though, and it felt fun.
- Wednesday:: Interval Bike :: 60min w/aero intervals (15 min) :: A beautiful day for a ride! I am not loving waking up earlier this week, but it did give me perfect temperatures and a gorgeous sunrise. I also found a route that I’d like to continue doing after this Ironman is over. It’s nice to be able to see the “other side of things.”
- Thursday:: Recovery Run :: 8-10km :: Still having GI issues on the run, and not feeling my best overall. Runs like today make me nervous for the 13th…..
- Friday:: REST / yoga :: Happy to have an extra rest day – especially because today was a long work day!
- Saturday :: Open Water Swim :: 3500m @ R.P. + 5km run @ R.P. :: Labor Day weekend on the water made for quite a wave-y swim. Thanks boaters! Still a nice way to wrap up the week though.
- Sunday :: Brick :: 60km bike + 8 km run :: Car was in the shop at the last minute today, so I had to rearrange some things today, mostly meaning that I biked the 60km to work and opted to forgo the run due to time. I figured maybe an 8 hour shift on my feet could substitute for an 8km run? Hey, you do the best you can.
Total weekly miles | Run: 10mi | Cycle: 52mi | Swim: 4800m
Get fired up! What are your goals and plans for the week? Drop them in the comments below! And, if you have done an Ironman before, drop me a comment of your biggest tip. I could really use it 🙂